If you're an iPhone videographer, then FiLMiC Pro, billed as "THE Filmmaker’s App" from Cinegenix, LLC may just be what you've looking/waiting for.
App Store Description: FiLMiC Pro is THE Filmmaker’s App. A dedicated video camera app that builds upon the high definition capabilities of the Iphone 4. FiLMiC Pro enables users to take their mobile cinematography to new heights by asserting as much manual control over camera functions as possible and including additional variable frame rates from 1-25 frames per second.
The FiLMiC Pro control bar is thumb based to enable a rock solid grip on the camera. Designed by filmmakers it provides the best camera UI in the business with perfect access to all camera controls from a fixed, two hand grip position.
THREE FOCUS/EXPOSURE MODES:
At the heart of FiLMiC Pro’s superior manual control functionality are three separate focus and exposure modes. This gives you more ways to personalize your shooting method than any other video camera app. Combined with the lockable control buttons and you have complete control of your shots.
- Double Reticle Mode gives you two separate adjustable reticles for spot sampling focus and exposure for precision shot set up.
- Single Reticle Mode provides a center positioned spot sampling reticle for both focus and exposure for sports, action or quick run and gun scenarios.
- Full Frame Mode samples both both focus and exposure from the entire frame for expedient and simple shot set up.
The FiLMiC Pro settings menu offers some features not offered in any other video camera app as well as a host of other useful tools.
- Variable Frame Rates (1-25 and 30fps) including both the US (24p) and European (25p) film production standards.
- Four Selectable Resolutions (iPhone 4 or 4th Gen iPod Touch).
- Framing Guide Overlays (4:3, 16:9, & 2:35.1).
- Thirds Guide for composition.
- Audio Metering.
- Color Bars for Post Production.
- Film Production Style Slate for adding info to your clips, syncing dual system audio, and organizing your clips.
BUILT IN SLATE:
The slate function within FiLMiC Pro enables a world of control from a simple, configurable menu. FiLMiC Pro loads the slate before you shoot to preview and then prepends the slate to your footage before depositing it in the Clip Library within FiLMiC Pro.
- Inform your editor with production, camera, scene, take, date, director, DP (cinematographer), frame rate and external audio fields.
- Automatic escalating take numbers.
- Sync Flash and Tone for syncing from an external audio recorder or mutli-camera shoot.
- FTP Server