To celebrate the recent nomination to the UK Macworld Awards 2012 in the "Best iOS video and photography" category (a category that includes PhotoShop Touch, Snapseed and Avid Studio), the developer of the excellent black and white photo app Simply B&W is running a photo contest (full details can be found here) that runs from now until Monday 28th May.
The winner of the contest (which is open to everyone other than friends and family of the developer, and the judges) will receive their winning photo printed on canvas by CanvasPop. Additionally, Simply B&W will be free Friday, May 25 so that no purchase is necessary.
The rules, like the app are simple:
- Photos must be taken with an iPhone and should be taken during the contest window (Friday May 25 to Monday May 28). No photos older than one week please.
- Photos can be edited with any app, although final processing must be done with Simply B&W.
- To enter the contest, upload your favourite photo (limit one entry per day) to the Simply B&W Flickr group by the evening of Monday, May 28.
- A small panel of judges will select the finalists on Tuesday. The panel currently consists of Glyn Evans from iPhoneography.com, Jeff Phillips writer for MacWorld, Raman from iOS Photo Apps, photographer Robert-Paul Jansen and one judge yet to be finalised (there will be a maximum of 5 finalists).
- Finalists will be announced Tuesday evening and then my friends and family will do the final judging.
- The winner (along with the selection feedback/comments) will be announced Friday, June 1 and they will have their choice of an 8x10, 12x12, 12x16 or 12x18 print from CanvasPop.
If you don't already own a copy of Simply B&W, then you can get your copy from the App Store for just £0.69/$0.99/€0.79.