Starting next Friday (October 5th), Sion Fullana and Anton Kawasaki -- two well known and highly-respected iPhoneographers in the community -- are re-launching their successful series of online Mobile Photo Workshops focusing on "Storytelling."
Each 14-Day group workshop features a very flexible schedule, and will focus on capturing compelling images and telling your best story using only an iPhone (or other mobile device). "In these workshops you will learn the mechanics of how to tell a great visual story with a single photograph" said Sion and Anton, "and will set you on your way to improving your photographs and stories."
Each 14-Day course is perfect for beginners who are just starting out, as well as intermediate/advanced photographers who want to strengthen the storytelling in their images and get more meaning and impact out of the photos they take, and includes:
- At least three compelling and challenging photographic assignments that will make you rethink how you take photos and vary your approach.
- Invaluable 1-to1 personal feedback on ALL photos that you upload to a private class-only content area. Learn what you’re doing right, but more importantly what you may be doingwrong and what areas you need to improve in.
- Helpful lessons on the very best mobile apps on the market, with post-processing tips & tricks on how to make the most out of your raw photos.
- A live motivational group video hangout to discuss the philosophy of photo-taking more in depth. (Optional)
- Recorded video feedback from Sion & Anton, discussing each of your assignments in depth and visually showing and explaining where your photos can use improvement.
- A private individual 1-on-1 internet chat session where you can ask us them both any questions.
- Pre-taped video examples of Sion & Anton shooting & editing photos.
There are two different, online 14-day STORYTELLING classes being offered:
- PORTRAITS (Next class starts October 5th, 2012 and runs until October 18th, 2012): Learn how to make the most out of photographing the people you know around you — family, friends, colleagues, loved ones — as well as how to approach perfect strangers. Create one-of-a-kind moments and make your home (or the street) your own personal studio, as we teach you how to hone your craft to a more professional level. This is the perfect course to start with, as it sets up many basics you’ll need if you also do the STREET PHOTOGRAPHY course.
- STREET PHOTOGRAPHY (Next class starts October 26th, 2012 and runs until November 8th, 2012): Improve your confidence in taking candid shots of strangers and train yourself to look for those rare “decisive moments.” Master the art of composition and how to frame your shots to form the perfect narrative. Tell your best story combining images and captions. Learn how to document the world around you. And familiarize yourself with one of the basic fundamentals of photography: editing.
In addition, Sion & Anton are also offering individual Workshops for people not interested in group sessions, or who need a more flexible schedule:
- ONLINE (Assignments): You are sent a list of awesome and fun photo assignments in advance (some of the same ones taught in the group STORYTELLING series classes). You will choose TWO of them and Sion & Anton will work out a period of time needed to complete each assignment and turn them in. They will then schedule two full, 60-minute, live, online, videochat sessions with you on different days where there will be a discussion of the photos you delivered for the assignments in full detail. You can also ask Sion & Anton any other questions during these times, and provide them with any other photos that you have for their critique and feedback.
- ONLINE (Portfolio review): You’ll have three hours of online time with Sion & Anton (in one 3-hour chunk, or two 90-minute sessions), where you can send them as many pics as you can within the duration for their feedback and review. Ask them ANY questions you want about their process, or how you can improve your photos. They can offer live demos of processing and how to improve the final look of images too.
- IN-PERSON: Meet Sion & Anton live in person in NYC!! They'll teach you all you need to know about shooting with a mobile device — whether it’s street photography, portraits, or documenting the world around you. The three hours of time you have with them will include a personal photowalk in a pre-determined area of the city where they will show you how they shoot, what they shoot with, what kinds of things they look for, and how they compose their images for maximum storytelling. Plus, a sit-down discussion period where they'll go over photos you’ve taken during the photowalk, or review any portfolio of photos that you’ve already taken. They can also show you how they process their photos and special techniques they use to make their photos look even better!
These classes are taught in English, but are also available in Spanish & Catalan. For more information on all the courses and pricing options, head over to the Mobile Photo Workshop website here: http://www.mobilephotoworkshop.com