MonoPhix, one of the most popular black and white apps for the iPhone was recently been updated, adding colour filters familiar to black and white photographers, like, red, green, blue and yellow, and those more associated with colour printing than black and white photography, cyan and magenta.
The following is a full rundown of what's in MonoPhix version 3.1
- Color filters for Red, Green, Blue, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and of course default (average blending) easily accessible with one tap
- Added a small tooltip to show people how they can hide the tool overlay (this will disappear automatically after being used)
- Vignetting is now lighter by default and has a higher range
- A slider was added to the vignetting tab to allow users to correct the vignetting on the preview in case of glitches
- Fixed vignetting preview glitch on some landscape images (1936x2691)
- Fixed a few minor issues to improve reliability on iOS 4.3 and up
- Small performance adjustments to make the filters run more smoothly
App Store Link: Simply B&W; Price: £0.69/$0.99/€0.79
NOTE: This update contains a glitch in the opening screen. This will be fixed ASAP with a 3.1.1 update and does not affect the overall functioning of the app. You can still update to 3.1 to receive the new features. A fix will arrive in about a week.