Entries in ReelDirector (12)
What is probably the best video editing app for the iPhone has just been updated with more iOS 4 and iPhone 4 specific features.
So what's new?
- Import music from iPod music library (iOS 4 only)
- Support iPhone 4 retina display
- Upload to YouTube within app
- Improved HD video quality on iPhone 4
- Improved photo render quality
Description from the AppStore: Make beautiful HD movies anywhere with iMovie, the fun, feature-rich video editing app for iPhone 4. Create a video postcard of your day at the beach and publish it to the web — without ever leaving your spot in the sand. Or make a movie of your child’s birthday party and send it to your parents — while the party is in full swing. With iMovie for iPhone, you can start several projects and finish them whenever you want and wherever you are.
Made for Multi-Touch.
- Tap to add or record video right into your project.
- Drag to trim the lengths of video clips and photos.
- Pinch to zoom the timeline and get a closer look.
- Slide to scrub through the video in your project.
Give it a theme.
- Choose from a selection of themes including Modern, Bright, Travel, Playful, and News.
- Each theme includes a matching set of titles and transitions – plus its own soundtrack.
- Instantly change themes or swap themed elements in your project.
- Titles and graphics automatically update with location data from your video.
Add music and photos.
- Select from included music that matches each iMovie theme, or select from your own song library.
- Enable ducking to automatically lower the volume of background music and highlight audio from video clips.
- Add photos from your own library, or take a picture and drop it into your project.
- Customize each photo with a unique “Ken Burns” panning effect.
Share your movie.
- Export your movie in one of three sizes: Medium, Large, or HD.
- Share your movie on the web in a MobileMe gallery or on YouTube.
- Send your movie to friends and family in an email or via an MMS message.
- Easily sync your movie back to your computer.
AppStore Link: iMovie - Price: £2.999/$4.99
Editors comments: Finally iMovie for the iPhone, but this app from Apple is ONLY compatible with the iPhone 4, so those with an older iPhone should look at ReelDirector.
Full-blown video editing for iPhone and iPad!
BEST APP on APPLE's Rewind 2009 List and also featured in Creative Editing Kit by Apple.
AppStore Link: ReelDirector - Price: £2.39/$3.99